One of France’s most charming and popular destinations.
Visit Uzès. You’ll understand why the town in the south of France is growing in popularity. . The medieval town is within easy traveling distance from Montpellier, Nimes, and Avignon. Its proximity to Marseille, Provence, and the Côte d’Azur make Uzès a great one-day trip or stopping place. The town’s 9,000 residents nearly doubled during the heavy tourist season, July and August.
Enjoy reading through the many stories about Uzès and see why I’m in love with the place!
How to Get To/From Uzès
Most people visiting Uzès come in through Paris, Lyon, or Barcelona. You can continue onto Uzès by train or regional airline from those major airports.
The route back and forth to the US most often takes me through Paris. Here are some suggestions about traveling through the Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris on the way to/from the TGV station nearby.
The closest airports to Uzès are Nimes, Montpellier, and Marseilles. Some major airlines service these airports.
The closest train service to/from Uzès is out of Nimes and two stations in Avignon.
Often, visitors to Uzès come in through the airport in Barcelona, spend a few days in the vibrant Spanish city, and then take trains to Avignon or Nimes.
Although there is no train service into Uzès, there is a bus service to and from Uzès to train stations in Nimes and Avignon. Passengers can reach most destinations in France and beyond from the train stations with high-speed and local train service.
Uzès enjoys some of the most pleasant weather in all of France. The region is “Mediterranean,” with as many as 300 days of sunshine each year. There is seldom, if ever, snow in Uzès. Throughout the year, particularly in the winter, the famous “Mistral” treats Uzès to strong winds that last for hours, sometimes days. (Read about “Le Mistral)
- January and February are the winter months. Lots of rain, occasional frosts, and snowfalls on the plains. Consistent snow in the mountains.
- March and April are unpredictable, with glorious sunny interspersed with cloudy, rainy, cool days.
- May and June are usually pleasant, with lots of sunshine and warmth. Like other areas of the world, the temperature rises in the summer months. Late June can be hot.
- July and August are hot and dry, with temperatures averaging around 30° C, sometimes as warm as 37 C; September can feel humid.
- October is often a beautiful month. The days are warm and sunny.
- November and December are cooler but still very pleasant, with lots of sunshine.
- Current local weather
Visit Uzès on Special Occasions
July & August
Saturday and Wednesday Market
Autumn in Uzès
Winter in Uzès
Places to Explore